Current information on programs and resources due to COVID-19.
Our commitment to keeping the young people we serve safe is always our number one priority.
Following the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, it’s important that you know Boys & Girls Clubs of Columbia is doing everything possible to keep your child, our staff and volunteers protected from its spread.
We are also closely monitoring reports from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), our local health department, and our school district for all updated information.
As a reminder, we recommend preventative actions every family should take to prevent exposure to COVID-19.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Stay home when you are sick
- Clean and diinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Follow the CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask (the CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19. Facemaskes should only be used by people who show symptoms to prevent the spread of disease to others)
- Wash your hands often
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Please know that we are working hard to ensure the safety for all kids, families, staff, and volunteers. We will keep you updated and are so grateful for you patience.
We will be conducting food curbside pickups at the Main Club site located at 1200 N 7th Street. Please check our Remind App to RSVP for number of meals for kids 5-18 years old. More updates to come on this page and via social media.
Not signed up for Remind? Text bgccomo to 81010 for updates from the Club
We know this time can be difficulty for working families. Please be sure to communicate your needs to your home CLub and we will see about connecting you to the many community resources available.
- BGC Main Site: 573-874-1697
- Remind App: Text bgccomo to 81010 for updates from the club